Schoolhouse Rules & Tasks
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Lights are to your right after the second set of double doors. Main lights are just around the corner
- Turn on the red water valve under the kitchen sink so the toilet and sinks work
- THEN turn on the insta-hot plug strip next to the sink
- Notify us if the oven is not clean or of other issues PRIOR to use or you may be charged extra!
- Bring your own disposable dishes or
- Use the tableware and some serving/baking dishes which are located in the lower cabinets and bottom of stove
- If you use the coffee percolator, clean it when you leave, ready for the next event
- Cleaning supplies are located in the lower cabinets on the left, and in the closet with the grey curtain
- Trash bags are located in the cupboard above the bins.
WHEN YOU LEAVE
- Sweep/dust mop all floors. Wipe up any spills (white mop in closet if needed)
- Shake dust mops outside thoroughly
- Shake all rugs outside thoroughly and pick out the fir needles
- Return tables/benches to their original positions
- Wash and return any tableware or serving dishes
- Wipe down counters, stove, sink, and tables
- Clean the glass doors of any hand prints, etc.
- Remove your FOOD from refrigerator/freezer
- Wipe down the commode and sink in the bathroom
- Turn OFF the insta-hot first, THEN the red water valve under the kitchen sink
- Remove all paper or other garbage in the fire pit
- Empty the bathroom trash can
- Turn off the bathroom heater, all the lights and lock up
- There is NO trash service. Take your trash AND recyclables with you when you leave
- Do NOT change the damper settings on the wood stove. It takes about an hour or two to warm the building so arrive early enough to stoke it.
- Stop feeding the fire at least an hour before you leave
- Please bring your own wood or leave a donation for ours.
- If you need directions in how to build the fire, please ask in advance.
- During extreme cold weather the building water valve outside directly under the kitchen window may also need to be turned on, please ask about it
- Fireworks, alcohol, drugs and smoking are prohibited in the building and on schoolhouse property
- Weekends can be busy and the building is often used by different groups each day so clean up promptly
- Do not remove furniture, VCC/VHPS supplies from the building or memorabilia from the walls
- Please be respectful of our neighbors and their property.
- Keep noise or music at a reasonable level, especially evening hours after 9pm.
- Most cell phones do not have service at the schoolhouse. Some may receive texts.
- During summer and early fall, when the fire ban is in effect, we cannot allow use of the outdoor fire pit. Thank you for understanding